On October 28, Hans Jorg Albrecht – the Director of the Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal law in Freiburg, Honored Professor of Germany, visited the European University Scientific-Research Institute of Law. During the visit, he met with the researchers of the institute.
The sides signed a memorandum of understanding and discussed the prospects for future cooperation. Professor Hans Jorg Albrecht expressed his desire to cooperate with the European University Scientific-Research Institute of Law.
Within the framework of the
Memorandum the following projects were planned:
- Cooperation of the parties in joint research projects;
- European University students and professors’ visit for researches to the Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal law;
- Full access to the institute library, which has one of the largest scientific literature resources in Europe in the fields of criminal law and criminology;
- Participation in joint research grant programs;
- Organizing joint symposiums, workshops, and conferences;
- Exchanging of scientific and practical publications and information;
- European University collaboration with other Max Planck institutions working in various fields of law.
At the same time, the parties agreed to establish a joint Center for Crime Prevention and Comparative Criminology at the base of European University.